Terms and Conditions
The identification credentials below are required to access the site. Failure to provide a valid credential will result in denial of access.
- U.S. Citizen
- photo-identification that has been issued by state or federal government (e.g., state ID, driver’s license, passport, military, HSPD-12) or school photo ID if under the age of 18
- Non-U.S. Citizens
- A valid original passport, legal permanent resident card, and/or visa (F-1 visa/I-20, J-1 visa/DS-2019, H-1 visa/I-797 or I-94, EAD)
General Site Rules
- Visitors who have been issued a gate pass may enter the site for Laboratory-approved activities subject to the time and date restrictions on their gate passes.
- Passes must be worn in plain view, on the upper portion of the body, at all times while onsite.
- Gate passes may be used to gain site access only for the person to whom the pass was issued.
- Visitor is responsible for notifying their host when they are on the site.
- All individuals entering the Laboratory property are subject to vehicle search. Signs posted at all Laboratory entrances delineate the below listed articles that are prohibited from being brought on site:
- Firearms or Other Weapons
- Explosives or Incendiary Devices
- Radioactive Sources
- Open Containers of Alcoholic Beverages
- Illegal Drugs
In addition to the list above, any other device, instrument, material, or substance, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, or other weapons prohibited by law is prohibited from being brought on site. Any individual in possession of the listed items above will not be allowed site access.
Illinois Rules of the Road apply while driving at Argonne:
- Follow posted speed limits
- Stop for pedestrians in marked crosswalks
- Stay alert for cyclists and wildlife
- Helmets are required when riding a motorcycle, bicycle or any wheeled sporting equipment